We’re Back! The search for the second cohort of Aspen Young Leaders Fellows in Newark, NJ is on! The application is now live and will be open through Monday, December 31, 2017.
The Fellowship is a place-based, multi-site initiative that informs the next generation of local, purpose-driven young leaders in the greater Newark area. Fellows are selected based on leadership potential, not the best grades or school attendance, but signs of strong leadership qualities, behaviors, and traits. The Fellowship looks to harness this potential through a program that includes intensive values-focused dialogue, community-focused impact projects, and engagement with community leaders and stakeholders.
The Fellowship is open to all young people in the greater Newark area (Essex County) who meet the characteristics below, regardless of education or employment status.
The Aspen Young Leaders Fellowship is seeking to build a diverse cohort of 25 young people between the ages of 16-20 who have:
- Strong Understandings of Current Community Culture
- Observed and Questioned Critical Issues Facing Their Communities
- Demonstrated Ability to Overcome Social Obstacles
- Experience Working as Part of a Team
- Demonstrated Ability to Set and Achieve Long-Term Goals
- Exhibited Drive to Exceed Expectations
Fellows will work with world-class coaches to impact their communities in areas of personal passion through a culminating social venture project. Developing innovation skills through hands-on practice and activities, young leaders will walk away from the Summer Social Entrepreneur internship portion of the Fellowship having made real, tangible impacts on the greater Newark community. The Summer Social Entrepreneur portion of the Fellowship is a paid internship opportunity.
Selected Fellows will:
- Become the Next Generation of Purpose-Driven Leaders in the Greater Newark Area
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Turn Ideas into Action
- Build Personal and Professional Networks
Be the change you want to see in your community – check out AYLF today!
Contact AYLF Newark Fellow Success Coach, Rashon Hasan with any questions.